The original Super Smash Bros. may be over twenty years old, but it still holds its own! In addition to being just plain fun, it’s nice to see where the series began and how far it has progressed. For players who decide to give it a go, there are a number of unlockables to obtain.
- Jigglypuff is unlocked by completing the 1P Game campaign on any difficulty as any character.
- Captain Falcon is obtained by completing the 1P Game campaign on any difficulty as any character within 20 minutes.
- Ness is unlocked by completing 1P Game on Normal difficulty as any character with three lives and no continues.
- Luigi is obtained by completing the Target Test bonus game with all eight starter characters (Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Link, Samus, Fox, Kirby, and Pikachu).
- Mushroom Kingdom is unlocked by completing 1P Game as all eight starter characters and playing on each stage at least once.
- The Sound Test is unlocked by completing Target Test and Board the Platforms with all twelve characters.
- The Item Switch (which really shouldn’t have to be unlocked) is obtained by playing one hundred versus matches.
If you would like to read more guides, follow this link to return to the master list.