A complete summary of Kirby’s performance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate can be found on the character’s information page. It includes strengths and weaknesses, quirks in artificial intelligence, and an archive of tournament representation and results.
An amiibo becomes strongest when it is mirror matched all the way to Level 50 with its Learn button switched on. For more information on effectively raising an amiibo, follow this link. Here is a complete breakdown of Kirby’s moveset and which options to focus on during training:
- Neutral: Kirby boasts a wide variety of potential neutral options. Neutral attack, forward tilt, and grab are all useful damage-rackers; up tilt can combo into itself or an up aerial, while down tilt can link into a forward smash at low percentages.
- On-stage KOs: Forward smash, up smash, and down smash are surprisingly powerful and serve as Kirby’s primary kill moves. Kirby can also afford to go off-stage and gimp opponents with repeated down aerials.
- Above-stage: If Kirby is launched upward, he can return to the stage with Final Cutter or Stone. Though this strategy may not seem like a good idea, AI opponents have trouble dodging “stall-then-fall” moves.
- Off-stage: In addition to his down aerial spike, Kirby can also use his forward, back, and neutral aerials to keep opponents at bay.
- Moves to avoid: Kirby’s AI has trouble using many of its copy abilities and rarely connects its Hammer Flip move. Avoid these attacks during training.
Stats & Spirit Effects
By all accounts, the best Spirit effects in the game are Super Armor, Slow Super Armor, Armor Knight, and Autoheal. Unfortunately, these bonuses are prohibited in competitive play; if you do not intend on entering online tourneys, all of them work well with Kirby. For trainers looking to participate in tournaments where these Spirit effects are banned, here are a handful of alternate options: Instadrop, Impact Run, Air Attack ↑, and Physical Attack ↑. In terms of stat spreads, setups between 2100 / 2100 and 0 / 4200 are viable options to consider.