A complete summary of Mii Gunner’s performance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate can be found on the character’s information page. It includes strengths and weaknesses, quirks in artificial intelligence, and an archive of tournament representation and results.
An amiibo becomes strongest when it is mirror matched all the way to Level 50 with its Learn button switched on. For more information on effectively raising an amiibo, follow this link. Here is a complete breakdown of Mii Gunner’s moveset and which options to focus on during training:
- Neutral: Mii Gunner’s best move is its Gunner Missile attack. It should be used as a neutral option, a kill move, and everything in between. It travels far and fast while dealing high damage and knockback; furthermore, opposing CPU players do not react well to projectile spam. If Mii Gunner is forced to fight up close, it can use jab, forward smash, and up smash to keep the enemy away.
- On-stage KOs: Mii Gunner uses the same set of moves to rack up damage and KO. Gunner Missile, if spammed repeatedly, will eventually KO the opponent. Forward smash and up smash are two examples of close-ranged options.
- Above-stage: Bomb Drop can be used to secure a safe landing; that being said, it should not be overused. Neutral and forward aerials work from a distance and can give Mii Gunner a chance to run away and start spamming Gunner Missile.
- Off-stage: Though Mii Gunner can afford to go off-stage and gimp its enemy, it does not need to. Grenade Launch does the job well, and often picks up early KOs if spaced properly.
- Moves to avoid: Mii Gunner’s custom move set should be Grenade Launch, Gunner Missile, Arm Rocket, and Bomb Drop. It should avoid using any other custom moves; Echo Reflector and Absorbing Vortex are often used incorrectly and the other recovery options grant less distance.
Stats & Spirit Effects
By all accounts, the best Spirit effects in the game are Super Armor, Slow Super Armor, Armor Knight, and Autoheal. Unfortunately, these bonuses are prohibited in competitive play; if you do not intend on entering online tourneys, all of them work well with Mii Gunner. For trainers looking to participate in tournaments where these Spirit effects are banned, here are a handful of alternative options: Fire & Explosion Attack ↑, Side Special ↑, and Shooting Attack ↑. In terms of stat spreads, setups between 2100 / 2100 and 1200 / 3000 are viable options to consider.