A complete summary of Little Mac’s performance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate can be found on the character’s information page. It includes strengths and weaknesses, quirks in artificial intelligence, and an archive of tournament representation and results.
An amiibo becomes strongest when it is mirror matched all the way to Level 50 with its Learn button switched on. For more information on effectively raising an amiibo, follow this link. Here is a complete breakdown of Little Mac’s moveset and which options to focus on during training:
- Neutral: Forward smash is one of Little Mac’s best neutral options. It deals high damage and knockback and can even break shields when angled downwards! Other options include forward tilt, up tilt chains, and up smash.
- On-stage KOs: Forward smash and up smash are great damage rackers, but they are even better kill moves. Down smash can also KO at the edge. When active, KO Uppercut is a one-time nuke that hits through shields.
- Above-stage: Neutral aerial, forward aerial, and back aerial can all be used to smack opponents away. Little Mac’s AI uses these moves surprisingly well; that being said, they should only be used if Little Mac is knocked into the air.
- Off-stage: Little Mac does not have any viable off-stage options. Try to return back to the stage as soon as possible.
- Moves to avoid: Little Mac is one of the only characters in the game that should avoid all of his special moves (bar the KO Uppercut, which is only occasionally active). He should also avoid overusing his down tilt and down smash attacks.
Stats & Spirit Effects
By all accounts, the best Spirit effects in the game are Super Armor, Slow Super Armor, Armor Knight, and Autoheal. Unfortunately, these bonuses are prohibited in competitive play; if you do not intend on entering online tourneys, all of them work well with Little Mac. For trainers looking to participate in tournaments where these Spirit effects are banned, here are a handful of alternative options: Physical Attack ↑, Hyper Smash Attacks, and Additional Midair Jump. In terms of stat spreads, setups between 3000 / 1200 and 2100 / 2100 are viable options to consider.