A complete summary of Lucina’s performance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate can be found on the character’s information page. It includes strengths and weaknesses, quirks in artificial intelligence, and an archive of tournament representation and results.
An amiibo becomes strongest when it is mirror matched all the way to Level 50 with its Learn button switched on. For more information on effectively raising an amiibo, follow this link. Here is a complete breakdown of Lucina’s moveset and which options to focus on during training:
- Neutral: Lucina’s quickest moves include her forward tilt, up tilt, forward aerial, and back aerial. Dancing Blade has been nerfed from Smash 4, but still packs a punch and be used infrequently. Lucina can go for an early KO with forward smash or a well-timed Shield Breaker. Down tilt can be used to gimp enemies close to the edge.
- On-stage KOs: Up tilt, forward smash, and up smash are all quite powerful. Forward smash is Lucina’s most consistent kill move and should be prioritized above the others.
- Above-stage: Neutral, forward, back, and down aerial moves can be used to keep opponents at bay.
- Off-stage: The same four moves can be used off-stage to great effect. Don’t go too far off-stage; while Lucina’s recovery is decent, it will not work from a great distance.
- Moves to avoid: Lucina’s AI has lost its Counter proficiency from Smash 4. It’s best to avoid this move altogether, as the AI will start using it with incorrect timing.
Stats & Spirit Effects
By all accounts, the best Spirit effects in the game are Super Armor, Slow Super Armor, Armor Knight, and Autoheal. Unfortunately, these bonuses are prohibited in competitive play; if you do not intend on entering online tourneys, all of them work well with Lucina. For trainers looking to participate in tournaments where these Spirit effects are banned, here are a handful of alternative options: Weapon Attack ↑, Air Attack ↑, Hyper Smash Attacks, and Landing Lag ↓. In terms of stat spreads, setups between 3000 / 1200 and 2100 / 2100 are viable options to consider.