A complete summary of Corrin’s performance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate can be found on the character’s information page. It includes strengths and weaknesses, quirks in artificial intelligence, and an archive of tournament representation and results.
An amiibo becomes strongest when it is mirror matched all the way to Level 50 with its Learn button switched on. For more information on effectively raising an amiibo, follow this link. Here is a complete breakdown of Corrin’s moveset and which options to focus on during training:
- Neutral: Forward tilt and neutral aerial are fine damage-rackers. Forward smash can be used as an edgeguard, up tilt links into itself, and down tilt can combo into aerials.
- On-stage KOs: Forward smash is Corrin’s most reliable grounded kill move. Up smash is great too, boasting high utility on platform stages.
- Above-stage: Down aerial can be used to return to the ground if Corrin is launched upward. If the opponent is launched above Corrin, up tilt and up smash can be used to intercept their landing.
- Off-stage: Corrin cannot afford to travel too far off-stage. Striking with a forward aerial or two is fine, but try and stick as close to the stage as possible.
- Moves to avoid: Dragon Fang Shot generally does not bring Corrin much benefit. Dragon Lunge should also be used sparingly, as the AI sometimes bounces off-stage to its death. Corrin is also better off avoiding Counter Surge; the AI tends to spam it at inappropriate times.
Stats & Spirit Effects
By all accounts, the best Spirit effects in the game are Super Armor, Slow Super Armor, Armor Knight, and Autoheal. Unfortunately, these bonuses are prohibited in competitive play; if you do not intend on entering online tourneys, all of them work well with Corrin. For trainers looking to participate in tournaments where these Spirit effects are banned, here are a handful of alternate options: Weapon Attack ↑, Air Attack ↑, and Instadrop. In terms of stat spreads, setups between 2100 / 2100 and 1000 / 3200 are viable options to consider.