A complete summary of Chrom’s performance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate can be found on the character’s information page. It includes strengths and weaknesses, quirks in artificial intelligence, and an archive of tournament representation and results.
An amiibo becomes strongest when it is mirror matched all the way to Level 50 with its Learn button switched on. For more information on effectively raising an amiibo, follow this link. Here is a complete breakdown of Chrom’s moveset and which options to focus on during training:
- Neutral: Chrom doesn’t have many neutral options, but the ones he does have can get the job done. Forward tilt can be spammed to great effect, as its range and damage are respectable; forward smash and Double-Edge Dance can also be used to rack up damage.
- On-stage KOs: Forward smash is Chrom’s strongest KO move, and should be used liberally when the opponent is at high percentages. Dash attack can be used infrequently to catch enemies off-guard, while down tilt can be used at the edge to intercept high recoveries.
- Above-stage: Up aerial can be used for vertical KOs, while forward and back aerials can be used to drive foes off the stage.
- Off-stage: Off-stage play is risky for Chrom given his poor recovery. In a pinch, Chrom can use forward aerial, down aerial, and back aerial to keep opponents away.
- Moves to avoid: FPs in Smash Ultimate don’t use their counter moves well, and Chrom is unfortunately no exception. Avoid using Chrom’s counter where possible.
Stats & Spirit Effects
By all accounts, the best Spirit effects in the game are Super Armor, Slow Super Armor, Armor Knight, and Autoheal. Unfortunately, these bonuses are prohibited in competitive play; if you do not intend on entering online tourneys, all of them work well with Chrom. For trainers looking to participate in tournaments where these Spirit effects are banned, here are a handful of alternate options: Critical Hit ↑↑ and Weapon Attack ↑. In terms of stat spreads, setups between 2800 / 1400 and 0 / 4200 are viable options to consider.