A complete summary of Dark Samus’s performance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate can be found on the character’s information page. It includes strengths and weaknesses, quirks in artificial intelligence, and an archive of tournament representation and results.
An amiibo becomes strongest when it is mirror matched all the way to Level 50 with its Learn button switched on. For more information on effectively raising an amiibo, follow this link. Here is a complete breakdown of Dark Samus’s moveset and which options to focus on during training:
- Neutral: Dark Samus’s strongest moves are her projectiles. Super Missiles are excellent spacing tools that rack up damage fast; Charge Shot inflicts high damage and knockback, but the AI struggles to fully charge and fire it. Forward tilt, neutral aerial, and down tilt are options to consider in close quarters.
- On-stage KOs: Dark Samus’s forward, up, and down smashes are all decently strong and can be used to close out a stock. Charge Shot can KO early as well; when using it, always fully charge the attack before firing.
- Above-stage: If Dark Samus is launched upward, she can use Bombs to clear a landing spot. Otherwise, returning to the stage as quickly as possible is her most optimal move.
- Off-stage: Down aerial can meteor smash opponents, but if this maneuver is used too often, the AI will forgo its projectiles and become aggressive. Use down aerial often to produce a more aggressive Figure Player.
- Moves to avoid: Jab does not accomplish much and its two hits do not even link into each other. Dark Samus is plagued with a slow tether grab, making it difficult to use for anything except recovering.
Stats & Spirit Effects
By all accounts, the best Spirit effects in the game are Super Armor, Slow Super Armor, Armor Knight, and Autoheal. Unfortunately, these bonuses are prohibited in competitive play; if you do not intend on entering online tourneys, all of them work well with Dark Samus. For trainers looking to participate in tournaments where these Spirit effects are banned, here are a handful of alternate options: Side Special ↑, Fire & Explosion Attack ↑, and Hyper Smash Attacks. In terms of stat spreads, setups between 2100 / 2100 and 1000 / 3200 are viable options to consider.