The Pokétch is back in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl! Originally introduced on the Nintendo DS versions of the games, the Pokétch is a second-screen of sorts that houses several helpful apps. There are a total of twenty of them, and we’ve got all their locations right here!
Pokétch App Locations
Here’s a quick refresher on how to use the Pokétch. First, you obtain it in Jubilife City before your first gym badge. You’ll need to track down three clowns and answer “Yes” to their quizzes — and that’s it! You’ll be rewarded the Pokétch soon afterward. Once you’ve obtained it, you can make it appear in the top-right corner of your screen by pressing the R button. You can then press R again to make the Pokétch go full-screen, or you can hold R to make it disappear.
Please note that the digital watch, the calculator, the pedometer, and the Pokémon list are installed from the very beginning! There are sixteen other applications to find, however — here’s a detailed explanation of where to find each one (sorted alphabetically for the sake of convenience):
- The Analog Watch is obtained via an NPC in the southwestern house located in Celestic Town. Handy if you want to have the time displayed on-screen!
- You can obtain the Calendar app by capturing a Pokémon with a Serious nature and showing it to the scientist in a house on a cliff in Sunyshore City.
- The Chain Counter app is a gift from Professor Oak. He’ll give it to you when you arrive at Ramanas Park after obtaining the National Dex. The Chain Counter app helps you keep Poké Radar chains going — for more info on how that works, check out our guide!
- You can obtain the Coin Toss app via an NPC in a house on Valor Lakefront. It requires the Rock Climb Hidden Move to access.
- You can change the color of the Pokétch’s screen with the Color Changer app. Catch a Kecleon in the Grand Underground (Brilliant Diamond only, unfortunately) and then show it to a girl in Ramanas Park.
- You can receive the Counter app in Veilstone City for free! Just enter the department store, go up a few floors, and talk to the shopkeeper.
- Feeling like drawing with an extremely limited art program? Then Dot Artist is the app for you! Show a Naive-natured Pokémon to the scientist in Sunyshore City.
- You can’t miss the Dowsing Machine app. Depending on your gender, either Lucas or Dawn will give you this app when you leave Cycling Road on Route 207 for the first time.
- The Friendship Checker app can be found in the Eterna City Pokémon Center. Speak to the woman in front of the counter.
- The Hidden Moves app is automatically added to your Pokétch as the story progresses. Specifically, you’ll receive it from the hiker in the tunnel before Oreburgh City.
- Show a girl in Ramanas Park a Snorlax and you’ll receive the Kitchen Timer app.
- If you talk to the President of the Pokétch Company (in Jubilife City) after receiving three gym badges, you can get the Marking Map! It’s crucial to track down Pokémon like Mesprit and Cresselia.
- If you talk to the Pokétch Company president after obtaining one gym badge, you’ll receive the Memo Pad app. Great for jotting down notes!
- The Nursery Checker app is located in the Solaceon Town day-care center. Speak to the man at the table inside!
- While you’re in Solaceon Town, speak to an NPC near the Pokémon Center to receive the Pokémon History app.
- Show the scientist in Sunyshore City a Quirky-natured Pokémon and you’ll get the Spinner app.
And that’s everything — all twenty Pokétch applications! If we had one complaint about the Pokétch in Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, it would be that you can only go forward through your applications — you can’t go back and forth between them like in Platinum. This means you’ll have to memorize the numbers of the apps by heart. Here’s a tip: the Pokémon List app (which is best for hatching eggs) is #5 and the Hidden Moves app is #20.
If you have any questions, feel free to drop by our Discord community. We’ll be happy to help you out! In the meantime, we’ve got plenty more content available for Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, and you can find a complete list of it below. Thanks so much for reading, and good luck with your app collecting!
If you would like to read more Pokémon guides, please follow this link.