Pokémon Legends: Arceus is almost here, and many of you are no doubt going to want to add some new Hisuian Pokémon to your team. Some of them evolve via methods you might not expect, though, and that’s why we’re here today! We’ve compiled a list of ways you can make every Hisuian Pokémon evolve, so be sure to bookmark this page for when the game comes out. As always, there are spoilers contained within, so save the article for later if you’re trying to avoid them. Let’s get right into it, then!
Unlike previous entries in the Pokémon series, evolutions in Legends Arceus aren’t automatic. When a Pokémon in your party becomes eligible to evolve, its Poké Ball in the menu screen will start glowing. From there, you can initiate the evolution — which looks really cool in this game. The methods of evolving previous Pokémon remain the same, but some of the new Hisuian forms evolve in strange ways. Here’s the full list:
- Hisuian Decidueye, Typhlosion, and Samurott all evolve via level-up at Level 36. Remember that evolutions are manual in this game, so you’ll have to initiate them yourself.
- Hisuian Growlithe still evolves into Hisuian Arcanine via a Fire Stone.
- Hisuian Voltorb evolves into Hisuian Electrode via a Leaf Stone.
- Scyther evolves into Kleavor via an item called a Black Augurite. It’s a glassy black stone with sharp edges, and you can find them after defeating wild Graveler. More info here!
- Hisuian Qwilfish evolves into Overqwil after using Strong-style Barb Barrage at least twenty times.
- Hisuian Sneasel evolves into Sneasel when exposed to a Razor Claw during the day. There are no held items in this game, so all you need to do is consume the item!
- Stantler evolves into Wyrdeer after using Agile-style Psyshield Bash at least twenty times.
- Ursaring evolves into Ursaluna when exposed to a Peat Block during a full moon. Ironically, you can obtain a Peat Block by sniffing around on the Ursaluna mount in the Crimson Mirelands. Once you have the item, camp out until nightfall until it says Ursaring is compatible with the Peat Block.
- Petilil evolves into Hisuian Lilligant via a Sun Stone.
- Basculin evolves into Basculegion after taking about 300 HP in recoil damage over the course of several battles. One of its moves, Wave Crash, can help you do just that!
- Hisuian Zorua evolves into Hisuian Zoroark via level-up at Level 30.
- Rufflet evolves into Hisuian Braviary via level-up at Level 54.
- Bergmite evolves into Hisuian Avalugg via level-up at Level 37.
- Goomy evolves into Hisuian Sliggoo and then Hisuian Goodra via level-up. Keep in mind that Hisuian Sliggoo can only evolve into Hisuian Goodra if it levels up while it’s raining.
You can find things like Sun Stones and Leaf Stones via the merit shop at the Trading Post. The new evolution items, the Black Augurite and the Peat Block, can’t be found here. Instead, you have to find them through different means. We’ve got guides on these: how to find the Black Augurite and how to find the Peat Block.
As always, you’re welcome to drop by our Discord server for more discussion on Pokémon Legends: Arceus and the Pokémon franchise as a whole. We’ve got plenty of guides in the works for the game, so stay tuned! You can check out our full list of guides – including content for Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl as well – via the link below. Thanks so much for reading!
If you would like to read more Pokémon guides, please follow this link.