In previous titles in the Pokémon series, collecting every form of Unown was rather optional. In Pokémon Legends: Arceus, however, collecting all 28 of them is required for players aiming to obtain the Shiny Charm. They’re scattered about in different locations throughout the Obsidian Fieldlands, Crimson Mirelands, Cobalt Coastlands, Coronet Highlands, and Alabaster Icelands. We’ve got the locations for each and every one of them jotted down right here!
For the sake of convenience, we’ve organized the locations of each Unown by location. That way – assuming you have all of the Ride Pokémon unlocked – you’ll only have to make one trip per area. Do note that almost every Poké Ball is a guaranteed capture on Unown, so you won’t have to battle. Here are the areas you’ll need to keep an eye out for:
- H is on the welcome sign. You can find the sign when you enter Jubilife Village from Prelude Beach.
- W is on the Magikarp statue on the roof of Galaxy Hall. You might want to try throwing a Wing Ball or Feather Ball from behind.
- ? is hooked onto a laundry line behind your quarters. Your house is the one directly east of Galaxy Hall.
First up is the Obsidian Fieldlands! You can find letters E, G, I, S, and X here, and we’ve got all their locations listed below. Please note that you’ll probably need Sneasler or Braviary to be able to access some of them. Here are all the Unown spots in Obsidian Fieldlands:
- E is hanging from a tree on the lone island at the east end of Grueling Grove. More specifically, it’s hanging on the east side of the tree.
- G is on a rock at the top of Obsidian Falls. This form of Unown kind of looks like a Z, but trust us — it’s definitely a G!
- I is behind the cavern in Lake Verity.
- S is sitting on the dam over at Tidewater Dam.
- X is on top of a branch on the tree in Grandtree Arena.
There are quite a few Unown to be found in the Crimson Mirelands! Refer to the map above for more information. You can find A, D, K, M, and V here. The specific locations for each are listed below as well, so keep an eye out when you pass these areas:
- A is on top of a tent northeast of the Diamond Settlement fast travel point. It’s on the northeast side of it – facing away from the village – so you’ll have to walk around to be able to see it.
- D is sitting on a stump at the abandoned campsite that the three bandits use. You might actually encounter this one by accident!
- K is on top of a rock formation near the Shrouded Ruins. It’s slightly south of the Shrouded Ruins name on the map.
- M is inside of a log south of Sludge Mound and west of Ursa’s Ring. Look inside and throw a Poké Ball!
- V is hanging from a tree in one of the swamps of Scarlet Bog. Be sure to check all sides of the trees, and make sure the ones you’re looking at are submerged in mud.
Next up is the Cobalt Coastlands! You can find B, N, Q, R, and Z here. You’ll definitely need Basculegion and Braviary to access all of these, so make sure you’ve progressed far enough in the story to unlock them.
- B is on the volcano at Firespit Island, and it’s stuck to its southwest end. A Wing Ball would definitely be helpful here.
- N is about halfway up one of the rock spires on the east end of Sand’s Reach. You may need a Wing Ball for this one.
- Q is easy to find! It’s hanging from a tree just south of Turnback Cave.
- R is on the edge of the cliff of Lunker’s Lair. If you’re lucky, you can pick up a few Hisuian Growlithe on your way.
- Z is on the mast of a ship at Deadwood Haunt. It’s on the ship that isn’t upside-down.
Coronet Highlands is home to quite a few Unown forms: C, F, J, L, and P. Here’s a complete list of all their specific locations, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled.
- C is on top of a pillar east of the Sacred Plaza. You can fast travel to Moonview Arena and then just head east. You’ll need Braviary.
- F is on top of a rock formation on top of the Ancient Quarry.
- J is inside of the Ancient Quarry on the east wall. Look up a bit and you should find it wedged between two blocks. Watch out for Bronzong!
- L is hiding in Wayward Cave. You should be able to see its bright eye very distinctly.
- P is hiding in a small field of flowers near the Fabled Spring.
We’re almost done! This is the last region containing Unown, and there are only a few left. You can find O, T, U, Y, and ! in this area, and here are their specific locations. Remember to refer to the map if you’re having trouble!
- O is in a cave near Icebound Falls. It’s at the top of a large icicle connecting the ground and the ceiling.
- T is sitting up straight on one of the ice rocks in Avalugg’s Legacy.
- U is on top of a rock at the waterfall near Heart’s Crag.
- Y is at the top of the frozen waterfall near Icebound Falls.
- ! is hanging from a tree branch near the Snowfall Hot Spring.
With that, that’s all 28 Unown in Pokémon Legends: Arceus! There’s no super-special reward for collecting all of them, but accomplishing this task is the only way to bring Unown’s Research Level up to ten. While you’re here, be sure to check out some of our other guides for Pokémon Legends: Arceus via the link below. You can also join our Discord community to ask any further questions!
If you would like to read more Pokémon guides, please follow this link.