The Couple’s Mask is by far and away the most time-consuming mask to obtain in the Nintendo 64 version of Majora’s Mask. At the time of writing, it’s coming very soon to the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack. If you’re going to try and trudge through the Anju and Kafei side quest, we’ve got you covered! We have a full step-by-step guide right here, so let’s get right into it.
Couple’s Mask Location
We recommend going for the Couple’s Mask after you’ve obtained the Deku Mask, Goron Mask, and Zora Mask items. That way you can ensure you’ll be able to complete every part of this quest before you start it. Please note that, for the most part, you do have to do all of these things in one three-day cycle. Start on day one, and here we go:
- First up, you need to obtain Kafei’s Mask. Head to the mayor’s office past 10 a.m. and talk to the woman inside and you’ll receive it, officially beginning the quest.
- Right afterward, wait until about 2:00 p.m. and head over to to the Stock Pot Inn with the Goron Mask on. Talk to Anju and she’ll give you a key that lets you enter it anytime.
- Soon after 2:00 p.m., the postman will arrive and deliver a letter to Anju. Talk to her, and then stick around until midnight or so. Head into the kitchen, talk to her again, and she’ll give you a letter addressed to Kafei.
- From there, put the letter into one of the mailboxes in Clock Town. You’ll have to wait until the next day, so you can play the Song of Double Time to skip ahead to day two.
- Around 3:00 p.m. on day two, head to the Laundry Pool in Clock Town. The postman will deliver the letter to Kafei, and he’ll leave his house for a moment to check the mailbox. While he’s getting the mail, sneak into his house. He’ll give you the Pendant of Memories after he comes back inside.
- Head back to the Stock Pot Inn and give Anju the Pendant of Memories. Skip ahead to day three using the Song of Double Time, return to Kafei’s house, and talk to the man inside to receive the Keaton Mask.
- Wait until around 6 p.m. and head to Ikana Canyon with the Song of Soaring. Kafei will be waiting near Sakon’s hideout behind a rock. Stay behind the rock, and wait until night falls. Sakon will appear and enter the hideout. Once he’s out of sight, enter the hideout after him.
- You might want to create a restore point just in case. You’ll need to play as both Link and Kafei to open doors for the other. Complete all the puzzles (they’re simple enough, don’t worry) and Kafei will recover his lost mask.
- Head back to Clock Town, return to the Stock Pot Inn, and Kafei will appear in Anju’s room right before the moon is about to crash. Talk to them, receive the Couple’s Mask, and then play the Song of Time before you get crushed!
That’s about all there is to it! The to-do list might seem short, but the quest will take you quite a bit to complete. This makes sense, though, as the Couple’s Mask is the most difficult mask to obtain. Once you’ve got it, you can enter the Mayor’s office on day one while wearing it to receive a Piece of Heart. In the meantime, we’ve got more guides below — feel free to check them out if you’d like! You can also join our Discord server for continuous updates on site content and development. Good luck!
If you would like to read more guides, please follow this link.