Super Mario Odyssey is one of the Nintendo Switch’s flagship titles — and it’s also one of the most successful games on the system! Even though it’s not everyone’s favorite Super Mario game, it stands to reason that players might want to see everything the game has to offer. We’ve got a full list of 100% completion requirements right here, so if you’re looking to fully finish this game, buckle up!
This section is for tasks that are certainly, absolutely, definitely required if you’re looking to 100% complete Super Mario Odyssey. These tasks alone might take you anywhere from 40 to 60 hours; maybe a bit less than that if you’re using a guide to find Power Moon locations and such.
- Collect all 880 Power Moons. This means you have to collect every named Power Moon and Multi Moon in every single kingdom. It’s going to take quite some time, but there’s a handy in-game list that tracks how many of each you’ve obtained per kingdom.
- Purchase all souvenirs, costumes, and hats. In order to complete this task, you’ll have to collect all of the region-specific purple coins as well. In some cases, these are even more difficult to find than Power Moons! When you’ve purchased every clothing option, a star will appear in the closet inside of the Odyssey. When you’ve purchased every souvenir, the Odyssey itself will be decked out with all kinds of cool stickers and models!
- Capture all 52 enemies. There’s a Capture list available in-game, too. If you’ve already completed the first two objectives, you’re probably very close to (if not already done) completing this task too.
- Complete the music list. Again, this is tracked in-game with a special music list menu. Once you’ve unlocked every music track, you can play them all whenever and wherever you want. Pretty nifty!
Assuming you’re able to finish all of these daunting tasks, congratulations — you’ve 100% completed the game! There are some other activities that some players might say count for 100% completion, so it’s up to you to decide whether or not you count them for your own personal definition of completion.
If you really like Super Mario Odyssey and want to complete every possible task, no matter how arbitrary, there are two more tricky ones you can tackle. It’s important to note that Luigi’s Balloon World might actually help you complete the required challenges listed above, as it gives out crazy-high amounts of coins!
- Collect 999 Power Moons. In addition to the 880 named Power Moons you can obtain from kingdoms, you can also purchase extra unnamed Moons from shops with coins. The Power Moon total caps at 999, so if you really want to be thorough you can max out that number.
- Reach Rank 50 in Luigi’s Balloon World. The servers for Super Mario Odyssey will shut down one day, and when they do, this task will no longer be possible to complete. It takes a long, long time, as you have to pop a total of 800 balloons plus a whole bunch of other nonsense. Still, if you manage to complete this challenge, Luigi’s balloons will turn shiny and gold. Is it really worth it?
If you somehow manage to clear both of these challenges, hats off to you — they’re pretty tough. There’s nothing else you can possibly complete in this game, so you can give yourself a gold star and move on to the next! If you’d like to read up on more games and their respective 100% completion requirements, you can do so via the link below. Enjoy, and feel free to drop by our Discord server if you have any questions!
If you would like to read more about 100% completion, please follow this link.