Things may be quieting down a bit within the competitive amiibo community, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any metagame developments happening! We’ve got another tier list update for February 2023 with plenty of rises (and not a single drop). That’s a good thing, because it means more characters are improving over time rather than becoming worse. Let’s get right into the tier changes!
Rises & Drops
As mentioned before, we’ve got nothing but positive changes this time around. Though several fighters made the jump between tiers, a few of them were only moved up within the same tier. More info on all that below!
- Duck Hunt up from C+ to B! The duo are still mid-tier fighters, but they’ve seen slightly improved results lately. This is thanks in part to a higher emphasis on Clay Shooting. Our newly-updated Duck Hunt training guide reflects this change, so go check it out!
- Peach and Daisy up from C to C+! They’ve been getting a bit more representation lately, and common opinion is that they’re better fit for the bottom of C+ than the top of C.
- Ken up from D to C. Make no mistake, he’s still low-tier and one of the weaker characters — but his tournament results have been slightly better than the other fighters in the D tier. As a result, he’s been moved up!
- Pichu up from C to C+! It’s as light as ever, but its multi-hit smash attacks and excellent off-stage game have elevated it from a low-tier to a very-slightly less low-tier.
- Marth up from C+ to B! He’s still not quite on par with Lucina, but his range and power remain quite impressive. Trainers have placed a higher focus on grabbing and juggling with up airs, which contributed to his higher placement.
- R.O.B. up from C to C+! In a similar vein to Ken and Pichu, still isn’t very good. It’s just that trainers have had ample time to optimize every character, and pinning down more optimal moves for R.O.B. has lent him better tour results.
- Mewtwo up from C+ to B! It still struggles against parry a bit, but has respectable strength and reach.
- Ryu isn’t ranked any higher on this list, but he’s now at the top of the B+ tier. His tour results have been spectacular this year — there’s definitely some sort of a Ryu renaissance going on. Meta Knight and Toon Link have also been moved higher within their respective tiers.
That’s about it for now! If you’d like to see the full tier list, you can do so over on our corresponding page. You can join our Discord server and opt in to the Tier List Council role if you’d like to join our update conversations! We also host tournaments you can enter, if you’re interested. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about tournaments, the tier list, or amiibo training in general. See you there!
If you would like to read more amiibo training guides, please follow this link.